Creating a Passion and Love for the Game!
NRFA's recreational league is a volunteer based, inclusive soccer program for kids of all abilities and experience levels, ages 3-19. The purpose of recreational soccer is to provide an opportunity for the participants to have fun, make friends, exercise, learn the sport and develop life skills including a lifelong love of the game.
NRFA strives to provide the local communities of Johnston and Eastern Wake counties with a positive recreation soccer experience for children. Recreation Soccer is the foundation for any community soccer program and lays the groundwork for teaching children the fundamentals of the game. The importance of recreation soccer for early development cannot be understated. We are not focused on wins vs. losses, rather we place emphasis on player development. We value all players, regardless of their skill level.
Recreation Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for our recreation soccer teams and will continue through February 27, 2022.
A $20 late fee will be added beginning February 28, 2022.
- Open to Ages 3 to 17
- Practice Locations: Knightdale Station Park, Powhatan Fields, Riverwood Middle School and Archer Lodge Community Center.
- 4U - 6U: Practices Knightdale Station Park; Wednesdays from 6:00 to 7:00 PM
- 4U/5U Practices: Riverwood Middle School; Saturdays from 8:30 -9:30 AM
- 6U Practices: Riverwood Middle School; Saturdays from 9:30 -10:30 AM
- 8U Practices: Knightdale Station Park, Powhatan Fields and Archer Lodge Community Center; Mondays from 6:00 to 7:00 PM
- All Other Age Group Practices: Based on Coach and Field Availability
- Practices Begin week of 3/13/2022
- Games Begin week of 3/26/2022
- Coaches Needed: If you are interested in coaching, please complete the Volunteer Interest Form.
How to Register? Click the Learn More button below.
Contact Dawn DeSoto to learn more about the Recreation Level.
What is Recreation Soccer
"Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time."